The Intel X99 chipset-based workstation motherboard features on-demand NVIDIA® GeForce® SLI™ and AMD CrossFireX™ technology.
X99-M WS is the first ASUS micro-ATX with PCIe slots able to accommodate up to two dual-slot graphics cards. The new motherboard supports both two-way NVIDIA® Geforce® SLI™ and AMD® CrossFireX™ configurations, making it an excellent choice for graphics professionals who depend on powerful graphics in areas such as design and modeling, medical research, plus processing-intensive simulation and rendering applications.
In addition to graphics cards, extensive expandability offers ample room for RAID cards, PCI Express-based solid-state drives (SSDs), video-capture cards and many other popular components.
Carefully engineered with Beat Thermal Chokes made of highly conductive and efficient gold-treated coating for minimal-loss power delivery and integrated Dr.MOS MOSFET that both saves space and reduces operating temperatures. For the latest workstation motherboard, ASUS introduce the industry’s most durable 12K solid capacitors, and exclusive ASUS ProCool power connectors. X99-M WS is built to stay cool under pressure — and boosts performance, power efficiency and product longevity into extreme levels!
ASUS is the world’s first motherboard manufacturer to introduce 12K solid capacitors, and X99-M WS is of course equipped. These Japanese-made capacitors are the most durable in the industry, able to endure up to 12K hours at 105 °C and 1.2M hours at 65 °C. This is far higher than the temperatures generated by everyday computing, so X99-M WS is built for endurance . Our 12k capacitors also boast lowered equivalent series resistance (ESR) for increased efficiency and minimized heat generation — improving overall performance!
Designed to break performance barriers, ASUS OC Socket utilizes extra pins to connect a proprietary circuit to contacts found on Haswell-E’s land grid array (LGA). Combined with our customized UEFI, this exclusive feature enables higher DDR4 memory frequencies, lower latencies and enhanced stability while overclocking, extending all the way to extreme overclocking conditions, such as Liquid Nitrogen (LN2). OC Socket is 100% compatible with new Haswell-E LGA 2011-v3 CPUs, ensuring the ideal combination of overclocking performance and compatibility.
Testing configuration: CPU: Intel Core i7-5960X | MB: X99-DELUXE | DDR4: Corsair DDR4-2133*4 | GFX: GTX680 | OS: Windows 7 64-bit, Prime95
Cache bus links areas such as CPU cores, DDR4 Memory Controllers, System Agent and the shared L3 Cache. It is a critical interconnect for the whole CPU subsystem. Higher cache bus frequency directly gives faster total sub-system performance. ASUS OC Socket exclusively provides an adjustable cache bus voltage to reach higher cache bus frequencies.
ASUS OC Socket tuning ratio range is 45+!
This is the first platform to support DDR4 memory, and it is capable of overclocking memory up to DDR4 3200+ MHz with all eight DIMMs fully loaded! ASUS-exclusive T-Topology circuit design plus patent-pending OC Socket unleash the full potential of DDR4 by minimizing crosstalk and signal reflections. Thanks to our expertise in motherboard layout design, signal timing issues are also greatly reduced, resulting in improved stability and overall performance. ASUS works with almost every DDR4 memory vendor to ensure the best compatibility – so you’re assured reliable performance from your favorite brands.
One click takes care of all that complex tuning. Your PC is smart with ASUS 5-Way Optimization. It dynamically optimizes essential aspects of your system based on real-time use – so you get superb CPU performance, everyday energy savings, ultra-stable digital power, cool and quiet fans and now even networking and audio settings that are tailored for the apps that you are using. In short, 5-Way Optimization ensures that your PC is perfect for gaming, entertainment, productivity or just about anything else!
- Games run swiftly and smoothly with highest performance, prioritized bandwidth and crystal-clear sound.
- Fans stay whisper-quiet for everyday computing and ensure extreme cooling efficiency when gaming.
- Never-stutter in professional apps and heavy loading.
- Energy waste is reduced so you’ll save money.
Fan Xpert 3 puts 4-pin/3-pin CPU and case fan controls in one place. It scans each fan’s characteristics and delivers custom settings for each fan based on the dedicated area temperatures detected by hardware thermal sensors. Make sure every fan achieves the best balance of cooling performance and low noise. Fan Xpert 3 supports hardware-level PWM/DC combo mode for both the CPU and case fans. It even can reduce the CPU fan speed to below the default minimum, for extra-quiet and power saving operation during light loads.
Next page >
The smoothest, slickest mouse-controlled graphical BIOS has been improved to make it even more appealing. Whether you’re a PC novice or a seasoned overclocker, the EZ and Advanced Modes help you find your way, quickly and easily.
- Fan Profile:Detailed CPU and case fan information for instant cooling!
- SATA Information:Displays SATA port details for you to easily recognize devices!
- Fast Clock Adjustment:Use mouse controls to change the time and date!
- EZ XMP:Improve your DRAM performance with a click!
- GPU POST:Find more info about your graphics cards and slot bandwidth allocation. Great for 2 or 3-way SLI or CrossFireX
- Shortcut:Press Enter to create shortcuts to favorite settings, or select an existing shortcut and press F4 to go straight there!
- Quick Notes:Make notes and capture BIOS-related ideas, quickly and conveniently!
- Last Modified Log:Track last change and save preferred profiles onto a USB drive!
- SATA Port Renaming:Rename SATA ports for easy identification!
With x 2 x PCI Express 2.0 bandwidth, M.2 supports up to 10GB/s data-transfer speeds. It is the perfect choice for an operating system or application drive, making your whole PC or professional apps work as fast as possible.
With the latest USB 3.1 connectivity built in and dual Type-A ports for the very fastest USB data transfers, you’ll experience data-transfer speeds of up to 10Gbit/s — or twice as fast USB 3.0. The next-generation standard is completely backward-compatible with your existing USB devices, and you’ll be all set for USB 3.1’s breakneck speeds. And ASUS-exclusive USB 3.1 Boost technology automatically accelerates USB 3.1 performance even further!
Gamers and professionals can get benefit from app specific optimizations by the exclusive ASUS Turbo App. Its intuitive tuning panel boosts a range of hardware; overclock your CPU, tune your fans, prioritize network data and optimize audio settings automatically.
makes you part of the game
Crystal Sound 2 makes short work of optimizing audio settings for the way you want to listen, be it gaming, chatting, watching movies or relaxing to your favorite music. Onboard physical shielding, professional engineered design and premium components, including Japanese-made audio capacitors and operational amplifiers (op-amps), result in sound output that has exceptional clarity and fidelity. Discover a whole new dimension of superior audio and get ready to rule!
The difference between defeat and victory can be measured in milliseconds. That’s why ASUS motherboards are equipped with state-of-the-art networking technology that puts your frags first!
Turbo LAN with cFosSpeed traffic-shaping technology adds even more lag-reducing support and intuitive user interface. It allows you to lower lag with no expert knowledge – by up to 1.45X! If you’re a tweaker, use Advanced Mode for hardcore controls.
With support for both NVIDIA® SLI™ and AMD CrossFireX™ 2-Way configurations, the X99 motherboard enables multi-GPU setups so you can harness the full power of the latest graphics technologies to drive games at 4K and beyond.
ASUS HomeCloud creates a world without boundaries. It lets you access your PC remotely, stream multimedia content to wherever you want, and manage all your stuff from anywhere — no matter where it’s stored. It even turns your hard drive into private cloud storage, removing worries about storage limits. With HomeCloud, your PC becomes the gateway to your world.
Wi-Fi GO! gives you complete control of your PC — even when you’re away from home! Access your forgotten files at home, work on your PC while your are in the traffic or outside. Plus one step to manage all your public clouds or sync files among your PC and devices in a click.
- Cloud GO!Gather your ASUS WebStorage, Dropbox, Google Drive, and Skydrive accounts in one place and even backup to PC at the same time!
- Remote DesktopEasily access and control your PC, anytime and anywhere!
- File TransferSync files between your PCs and smart devices with just a click!
- Remote Keyboard & MouseControl media playback from your sofa!
Enjoy your PC’s multimedia content —anywhere! Pipe music from your PC while sipping coffee in a café or sit back with friends and stream a favorite movie to a smart TV. With ASUS Media Streamer, your entertainment goes wherever you go.
- Intel® Core™ i7 Processor LGA2011-v3 ReadyThis motherboard supports Intel® Core™ i7 processors in the LGA2011-v3 package, with memory and PCI Express controllers integrated to support 4-channel DDR4 memory and 40/28 PCI Express 3.0/2.0 lanes.
- Intel® X99 Express ChipsetThe Intel® X99 Express Chipset is a single-chipset design that supports socket LGA2011-v3 Intel® Core™ i7 processors. It provides improved performance by utilizing serial point-to-point links, allowing increased bandwidth and stability. Additionally, X99 provides a maximum 6 USB 3.0 ports, 10 SATA 6Gbit/s ports for faster data retrieval.