X99-WS/IPMI deliver superior flexibility and performance with Intel® 2011-v3 socket, eight DDR4 DIMM slots, and five PCI Express 3.0 x16 slots. Furthermore, X99-WS/IPMI’s layout is designed for optimal airflow, with the processor and memory slots placed in a parallel arrangement, providing optimized cooling for increased efficiency – making the motherboard ideal for both datacenter and workstation use.
The IPMI 2.0-compliant ASMB8-iKVM module enables remote BIOS updates, standalone KVM/Java utility, video recording and BSOD capture. With out-of-band management ASMB8-iKVM provides round-the-clock remote monitoring and diagnosis even if the server operating system is down or offline, and all through a user-friendly web-based graphical interface that works with all major browsers. In addition, ASWM Enterprise software provides one-to-multiple centralized management including BIOS flash, software dispatch, task scheduler, remote control and power control, via colorful and informative graphical interface.
Carefully engineered with Beat Thermal Chokes made of highly conductive and efficient gold-treated coating for minimal-loss power delivery and integrated Dr. MOS MOSFET that both saves space and reduces operating temperatures. For the latest workstation motherboard, ASUS introduce the industry’s most durable 12K solid capacitors, and exclusive ASUS ProCool power connectors. ASUS X99-WS/IPMI is built to stay cool under pressure — and boosts performance, power efficiency and product longevity into extreme levels!
ASUS is the world’s first motherboard manufacturer to introduce 12K solid capacitors, and ASUS X99-WS/IPMI is of course equipped. These Japanese-made capacitors are the most durable in the industry, able to endure up to 12K hours at 105 °C and 1.2M hours at 65 °C. This is far higher than the temperatures generated by everyday computing, so ASUS X99-WS/IPMI is built for endurance . Our 12k capacitors also boast lowered equivalent series resistance (ESR) for increased efficiency and minimized heat generation — improving overall performance!
Q-code logger is your one-touch status checker that lets users easily check system status at any time. Plug a flash drive into adjacent USB port, press the motherboard’s dedicated Q-Code logger button and all ASUS Q-Code event logs for the current live session will be copied to the drive even with the system off.
As the ASUS X99-WS/IPMI is meant for professional users who rely on non-stop operation, stable power delivery is critical. Real time power supply health detection helps prevent sudden system shutdown and provides hassle-free notifications should power delivery be insufficient. Additionally, LED messages on the board clearly indicate any relevant power issues in the event your system fails to boot.
The ASUS X99-WS/IPMI’ CPU socket includes extra pins that connect proprietary circuitry to extra contacts found on Haswell-E’s land grid array (LGA). When combined with our customized UEFI, this exclusive feature offers comprehensively-improved overclocking margins, especially under extreme liquid-nitrogen (LN2) overclocking. You’ll enjoy better margins for memory overclocking, better comparative memory performance under the same frequencies, and better margins for CPU overclocking with minimal voltage drop — so you’re able to push the latest processors and DDR4 memory beyond their limits! OC Socket is 100% compatible with the new Haswell-E LGA 2011-3 processors. Forget limits, break every performance barrier with OC Socket!
Intel LGA2011-3 i7-5960X 140W | ASUS X99-WS/IPMI | Seagate ST3500320AS 500G | ASUS PA246Q | CORSAIR CMD16GX4M4B3200C16 16G(4X4GB) | Aspeed 2400
Cache bus links areas such as CPU cores, DDR4 Memory Controllers, System Agent and the shared L3 Cache. It is a critical interconnect for the whole CPU subsystem. Higher cache bus frequency directly gives faster total sub-system performance. ASUS OC Socket exclusively provides an adjustable cache bus voltage to reach higher cache bus frequencies.
ASUS OC Socket tuning ratio range is 45+!
This is the first platform to support DDR4 memory, and it is capable of overclocking memory up to DDR4 3200+ MHz with all eight DIMMs fully loaded! ASUS-exclusive T-Topology circuit design plus patent-pending OC Socket unleash the full potential of DDR4 by minimizing crosstalk and signal reflections. Thanks to our expertise in motherboard layout design, signal timing issues are also greatly reduced, resulting in improved stability and overall performance. ASUS works with almost every DDR4 memory vendor to ensure the best compatibility – so you’re assured reliable performance from your favorite brands.
The smoothest, slickest mouse-controlled graphical BIOS has been improved to make it even more appealing. Whether you’re a PC novice or a seasoned overclocker, the EZ and Advanced Modes help you find your way, quickly and easily.
- Fan Profile:Detailed CPU and case fan information for instant cooling!
- SATA Information:Displays SATA port details for you to easily recognize devices!
- Fast Clock Adjustment:Use mouse controls to change the time and date!
- EZ XMP:Improve your DRAM performance with a click!
- GPU POST:Find more info about your graphics cards and slot bandwidth allocation. Great for 2 or 3-way SLI or CrossFireX
- Shortcut:Press Enter to create shortcuts to favorite settings, or select an existing shortcut and press F4 to go straight there!
- Quick Notes:Make notes and capture BIOS-related ideas, quickly and conveniently!
- Last Modified Log:Track last change and save preferred profiles onto a USB drive!
- SATA Port Renaming:Rename SATA ports for easy identification!
SATA Express provides up to 10Gbit/s data-transfer speeds from two PCIE 2.0 lanes, resolving the higher bandwidth request in the near future. The current SSDs consume up to 550MB/s, which is close to saturation point for SATA 6Gbit/s connections. Backwardly compatible with up to two SATA drives, SATA Express is the next-generation connectivity standard — and ensures that you and your system won’t get left behind.
With x 2 x PCI Express 2.0 bandwidth ,M.2 supports up to 10Gb/s data-transfer speeds. It is the perfect choice for an operating system or application drive, making your whole PC or professional apps work as fast as possible.
ASUS brings you the world’s first USB 3.1 Card, perfectly matched for this motherboard.
– 10Gb/s data-transfer speeds – twice as fast as USB 3.0
– Choice of USB 3.1 connectors:
1. Popular, backwardly-compatible Type-A
2. New, future-proof reversible Type-C
– Fits in any PCIe x4, x8, x16 slot
– Even faster USB 3.1 transfers with included ASUS USB 3.1
* It requires both BIOS and driver update
* Available to purchase separately
makes you part of the game
Crystal Sound 2 makes short work of optimizing audio settings for the way you want to listen, be it gaming, chatting, watching movies or relaxing to your favorite music. Onboard physical shielding, professional engineered design and premium components, including Japanese-made audio capacitors and operational amplifiers (op-amps), result in sound output that has exceptional clarity and fidelity. Discover a whole new dimension of superior audio and get ready to rule!
The difference between defeat and victory can be measured in milliseconds. That’s why ASUS motherboards are equipped with state-of-the-art networking technology that puts your frags first!
Turbo LAN with cFosSpeed traffic-shaping technology adds even more lag-reducing support and intuitive user interface. It allows you to lower lag with no expert knowledge – by up to 1.45X! If you’re a tweaker, use Advanced Mode for hardcore controls.
With support for both NVIDIA® SLI™ and AMD CrossFireX™ 2/3-WAY configurations, the X99 motherboard enables multi-GPU setups so you can harness the full power of the latest graphics technologies to drive games at 4K and beyond.
* Due to the nature of PCIe Gen3 bridge, NVIDIA® SLI™ and AMD CrossFireX™ 3/2-WAY configurations are the same for CPU 40 Lane and CPU 28 lane.
- Intel® Core™ i7 Processor LGA2011-v3 ReadyThis motherboard supports Intel® Core™ i7 processors in the LGA2011-v3 package, with memory and PCI Express controllers integrated to support 4-channel (8 DIMM) DDR4 memory and 40/28 PCI Express 3.0/2.0 lanes.
- Intel® X99 Express ChipsetThe Intel® X99 Express Chipset is a single-chipset design that supports socket LGA2011-v3 Intel® Core™ i7 processors. It provides improved performance by utilizing serial point-to-point links, allowing increased bandwidth and stability. Additionally, X99 provides a maximum 6 USB 3.0 ports, 10 SATA 6Gbit/s ports for faster data retrieval.