EDIUS X (EDIUS 10) Pro | Video Editing Software (Jump Upgrade)
Grass Valley EDIUS X Pro : Edit Anything, Fast
- EDIUS X Pro Jump Upgrade – This is the version for you if you already have EDIUS version 2-8, EDIUS Neo 1-3.5, EDIUS EDU (educational version) or EDIUS Pro Home Edition. When activating the program you will have to type in your previous EDIUS serial number as well.
- Background Rendering
- GV Job Monitor
- H.265 Export
- Optimized Performance
- Optimized Audio Sync Performance
- Native Support for the Latest Cameras and Codecs
Frequently Bought Together
EDIUS X (EDIUS 10) Pro | Video Editing Software (Jump Upgrade)
- This item: EDIUS X (EDIUS 10) Pro | Video Editing Software (Jump Upgrade)(
EDIUS X (EDIUS 10): Edit Anything, Fast
EDIUS X marks the start into a new era of nonlinear editing. EDIUS X comes with a completely redesigned core engine along with a modular concept allowing even more performance for fully customizable workflows.
For about two decades EDIUS is well known for its stability, benchmark setting performance, and creative tools. EDIUS is being used across the industry from broadcast facilities and news agencies up to government institutions, corporate productions, independent film makers, video creators and video enthusiasts.
The new modular design enables Grass Valley to continuously update and enhance the EDIUS X feature set and workflow options. This will allow to meet upcoming customer demands and to incorporate new technologies and web services such as machine learning during the ongoing development. All EDIUS 10.x releases will be available free of charge during the expected lifecycle of about two years.
Features of EDIUS X Version 10.0
From the start, EDIUS X features exciting new modules and functions, including:
- Background Rendering: EDIUS X will never ask you to interrupt your editing for a process to finish. This makes your workflow smooth, creative, and virtually unstoppable.
- Background Export: The new background render engine is also great for exporting files. You will never have to pause working while exporting.
- GV Job Monitor: EDIUS X keeps you informed regarding all background activities and lets you prioritize jobs as needed.
- VST Plug-In Support: EDIUS X broadens the support for VST-plugins. This includes support for latency plug-ins along with a powerful WaveShell integration.
- Motion Tracker with Chase Mode: EDIUS X allows you to easily attach a label, animation or video clip to your tracked object.
- Motion Tracker with Anchor Mode: Have your picture automatically reframed with reference to the tracked object. This is great for aspect ratio conversions and virtual multicamera shots.
- H.265 Export: EDIUS X speeds up export rendering time by leveraging NVIDIA GPU support. This is also available with the new Background Rendering options.
- GUI Color: EDIUS X comes with a refined GUI in a slightly darker color. This makes editing even more comfortable with a cool new look.
- Draft Mode: With EDIUS X, EDIUS X Pro now also includes the Draft Preview Mode allowing realtime playback of as of many tracks as you like.
- 8K Support: EDIUS X Workgroup allows project settings and also file export in up to 8K.
- Optimized Performance: EDIUS X is all about performance and a futureproofed design. EDIUS X requires Windows 10 and makes optimal use of advanced technology. This includes hardware acceleration provided by Intel QuickSync as well as broad GPU support. The new modular design allows utilizing the potential of multicore CPUs more efficiently than ever before.
- Optimized Audio Sync Performance: EDIUS X provides an even faster automatic audio sync function to align as many clips as your projects requires for a smooth multicam experience.
- Native Support for the Latest Cameras and Codecs: EDIUS X supports the newest codecs and camera releases natively like no other NLE. There’s no need to transcode, so you can just edit!
- Enhanced SDK makes EDIUS 10.x a perfect partner for complementing solutions allowing a tight integration of Third Party solutions and expand the possibilities even further.
- Ongoing Continuous Development: EDIUS X will continue to expand and grow its toolset with even more creative possibilities. EDIUS X users will benefit from all EDIUS 10.x updates available for download free of charge throughout the entire lifecycle of EDIUS X.
EDIUS X comes bundled with three great new modules for optimizing audio, title creation and video effects. All modules are especially customized to utilize EDIUS X’s new core design benefits. These are:
- Audio Optimization: EDIUS X comes bundled with the exclusive EDIUS Editions of Acon Digital: Compress EE, DeNoise EE, DeVerberate EE and Limit EE. Those powerful and easy to apply audio filters work like a swiss army knife whenever an editor needs to work on correcting and optimizing audio and VA tracks.
- Professional Titling: EDIUS X features the NewBlue Titler Pro 7 in a special EDIUS X customized version that includes an extended template package. This ensures maximal stability and performance. Titler Pro 7 EDIUS Edition offers new handling and design features for professional titling, animated graphics, rolling titles and lower-thirds.
- Video Effects & Seamless Transitions: EDIUS X features the proDAD Vitascene V4 EDIUS Edition that includes over 100 seamless transitions. All presets can be customized and adapted to the user’s individual footage. The seamless transitions also work great on animating titles and graphics. Additionally, proDAD Vitascene V4 EDIUS Edition includes over 250 great filters and transitions of Vitascene 3 LE.
The regular retail price for the above modules alone is more than US$600. With EDIUS X, you get all those three great solutions for free as part of the EDIUS X package.
Features added in EDIUS X Version 10.10
- Motion Tracking supports scale and rotation – EDIUS X is now able to use the scaling and rotation tracking information and transfer it to the attached or anchored object.
- Render and Add to Timeline, Between In/Out – this option (initially excluded in EDIUS X) is now available again.
- Thumbnail display in marker window.
- Easy cancellation of multiple jobs in the GV monitor.
- Support of Skin Tone line in Vector scope – EDIUS X now adds a skin tone line in the Vector scope that allows you to measure the colour of the skin.
Outlook: EDIUS X Version 10.x Ongoing Development
With upcoming EDIUS 10.x releases Grass Valley will continuously update and enhance EDIUS X with new functions and workflow options with every free update during the software’s lifecycle of about two to three years. As EDIUS X is a milestone and the first release of the newest generation of Grass Valley’s NLE, users can expect not only new functions but also extended and all new workflow options. Planned free of charge updates will include:
- Teamwork editing — including the sharing of content and projects.
- Enhanced workflow options utilizing the cloud.
- Intelligent handling of metadata for an optimized media management.
- Diagnostics and automatic bulk-optimization of audio & video clips.
- Enhanced SDK and Rest-API for third-party developers allowing for perfect integration.
The enhanced SDK will make EDIUS 10.x a perfect partner for complementing solutions allowing a tight and deep integration. This will also allow to include cloud services leveraging machine learning skills. Third Party solutions will also be able to communicate with EDIUS X via the new Rest-API allowing tailor-made applications and expand the possibilities even further. Cloud based machine learning skills might feature future tasks like audio-transcriptions or offer object recognition services combined with an automated metadata tagging and exchange with EDIUS, Mync and other compatible MAM systems through the new core EDIUS X datahub.
Want to know more about Edius X?
*GST Not Included
- Edit media files with different resolutions from 24×24 to 4Kx2K (EDIUS X Workgroup: 8Kx4K)
- Support for the latest file formats — Sony XAVC (Intra/ Long GOP)/XAVC S/XDCAM, Panasonic AVC-Ultra/AVC-Intra/ P2 and Canon XF-AVC/XF-HEVC (import only), Sony RAW, Canon Cinema RAW/Cinema RAW Light (import only), RED RAW (import only), ProRes, DNxHD/HR (option), still image RAW and more…
- Support for the latest color space for Log and RAW files – HLG/PQ, S-Log, Canon Log, V-Log/V-Log L, J-Log1, F-Log, Log C, D-Log, N-Log, OM-Log400 and LUT (.cube) file import
- Fastest AVCHD and DSLR video editing on the market
- Real-time conversion of frame rates on the same timeline delivers more efficient editing into the hands of editors
- Fast, flexible user interface, including unlimited video, audio, title and graphics tracks
- HDR editing (HDR/SDR gain and tone mapping)
- Superior 4K HDR workflow, including support for Black¬magic Design/AJA hardware (preview only)
- Export in 4K HDR for broadcasting and web distribution
- Mync (media management software) bundled with EDIUS X implements a powerful new Meta Smart Search function and HDR support (preview, storyboard, export)
- Primary color correction (RGB) for color grading
- 3-way color correction (YUV)
- 60/50p timecode display
- New video scope supporting HDR
- Multicam editing of up to 16 different sources simultane¬ously, with video output support
- Fast and accurate multicam audio sync engine
- Various proxy editing modes for next-generation workflow helps extend usability and increase ROI
- High quality motion tracking (adopt “Hybrid Tracker”)
- High quality slow-motion (optical flow and advanced matching)
- High-speed and high-quality stabilizer
- High-performance video Layouter
- Various synthetic video filters such as masks and keyers
- Accelerated 4K H.264/H.265 playback using Intel Quick Sync Video
- Fast and high-quality H.264/AVC decoder and encoder (for fast encoding of 4K XAVC)
- Fast and high-quality MPEG decoder and encoder
- Fast handling of large quantities of still image files (JPG, TGA, DPX, Cinema DNG and others)
- Closed Caption view, scc/mcc file import and export
- RED RAW decode GPU support
- Apple ProRes export
- Apple ProRes RAW decode
- Apple MOV (H.264/H.265) export
- Blackmagic RAW decode
- Blackmagic Film Gamma support
- Direct to Blu-ray Disc and DVD timeline export
- Project import/export as EDL, AAF, FCP 7 XML (import only)
- OFX Plug-in bridge support
- Ability to save a current project as a template in order to re-use preferred track settings, screen layout, etc.
- Support for high-resolution displays
EDIUS X Workgroup Only
- Built-in loudness meter with auto adjustments
- Dolby consumer license included as standard, which is applicable to corporate and consumer use of Dolby audio. For use in broadcast applications, the Dolby Professional/ Plus license is available as an option for EDIUS X Workgroup
- Third-party hardware 50p/60p output support
- Monitor control (synchronize color space setting)
- Video-out conversion
- Audio plug-in: Acon Digital — Compress/DeNoise/DeVerberate/Limit EDIUS Editions
- Video Transition/Effect plug-in: ProDAD — Vitascene V4 EDIUS Edition
- Titler: New Blue — Titler Pro 7 for EDIUS X
- OFX Plug-in Bridge
Minimum System Requirements
CPU with AVX2 support: Intel 4th Gen or newer or equivalent AMD CPU*
8 GB RAM or more | for 4K projects 16 GB or more *
6 GB of hard disk space for installation, fast drive for video storage
1 GB VRAM or more | for 4K projects 2 GB or more *
Sound card with WDM driver support
Internet connection required for initial software license activation, thereafter once per month to maintain usage | Offline activation and usage possible for EDIUS X Workgroup
Windows 10 64-bit version 1903 or later
Changes can be made at any time without notice.
English, Japanese, French, German, Italian, Spanish and Chinese (traditional, simplified)
EDIUS X Download
EDIUS X Datasheet Download
EDIUS X Desktop Background
EDIUS X Desktop Background HD
EDIUS X Desktop Background UHD
EDIUS X Desktop Background 8K
EDIUS X Desktop Background 16K
EDIUS X Manual
Here you can download the manual for Grass Valley EDIUS for free:
EDIUS X Pro manual (pdf, 45MB)
EDIUS X Workgroup manual (pdf, 46MB)
You can also use our Setup to install the Manual to the Windows Start menu: EDIUS X Manual Setup
There are no reviews yet.